Hazardous Items Accepted for Transportation in Passenger Baggage
The following articles and substance shall be accepted for transportation on board of the aircraft by passengers and crew members provided all applicable requirements are fulfilled:
- in checked baggage transported in cargo and baggage compartments of the aircraft, isolated from passengers during the flight:
- crossbows, harpoon guns, swords, sabers, hatchets, scimitars, broadswords, slashers, bayonets, daggers, knives: hunting, with thrusting blades, with lockers, any weapon simulators, utility knives (scissors) with blade length more than 60 mm;
- alcoholic beverages with more than 24% of alcohol, but not exceeding 70% of alcohol in containers the volume of which does not exceed 5 liters, in containers for retail trade, not more than 5 liters for one passenger; liquids and alcoholic beverages with less than 24% of alcohol;
- sprays for sports or utility purposes, release valves of which are protected against self-induced release of its contents, in containers with the volume not exceeding 0,5 kg or 500 ml, maximum 2 kg or 2 liters per passenger;
- in carry-on baggage (hand baggage):
- medical thermometer – one per passenger;
- mercury-filled tonometer in standard packing - one per passenger;
- barometer or mercury-filled manometer, packed in pressurized container and sealed by the sender;
- one-off lighter – one per passenger;
- dry ice for the purposes of perishable goods cooling - maximum 2 kg per passenger;
- 3% hydrogen peroxide - maximum 100 ml per passenger;
- liquids, gels and aerosols, not considered to be hazardous for transportation: in containers with a capacity of maximum 100 ml (or in equivalent container with other measurement units), packed in a transparent resealable plastic bag with a maximum capacity of one liter – one bag per passenger.
Liquids in containers with volumes of more than 100 ml are not permitted for transportation in passenger cabin (hand baggage) even in case the container is only partially filled. Exception: medication, baby food and special diet requirements.
Liquids purchased in duty free shops at the airport or on board of the aircraft shall be packed in a securely closed (sealed) plastic bag, providing identification of access to its contents during the flight; such bags shall have valid confirmation of its purchase in duty free shops at the airport or on board of the aircraft at the date (dates) of departure.
Administration of the airport, airline and the air carrier reserve the right to impose additional aviation safety measures on flights with increased danger level by prohibiting the following articles for transportation at the cabin of the aircraft:
- needles for hypodermic injections (having no medical substantiation);
- knitting pins;
- scissors with blades length less than 60 mm;
- folding traveling and pen-knives (without fixing catch) with blade length less than 60 mm.
Hazardous Items Accepted for Transportation in Passenger Baggage upon Consent of"Nordavia – Regional Airlines"
The following hazardous items are accepted for transportation in hand baggage upon preliminary consent of «Nordavia - Regional Airlines»:
- artificial (dry) ice in the quantity not exceeding 2 kg if required for the purpose of cooling the perishables to be carried in the checked baggage, provided, however, that gaseous carbon dioxide in it can leak through its packing;
- smaller cylinders containing gaseous oxygen or air required for medical purposes, carried in the checked or hand baggage;
- securely packed cartridges for sports weapons (category 1.45) to be carried in checked baggage, provided, however, that gross weight of such cartridges does not exceed 5 kg per passenger, for personal use only, excluding ammunitions with explosive or incendiary charges. Allowances of two or more passengers are prohibited to be joined in one allowance;
- wheel chairs or wheel stretchers meant for transportation of patients as well as other means of transportation equipped with a battery-driven actuator or mechanism, fitted with a leak- and drip-proof (hermetically sealed) battery to be carried in checked baggage provided however, that the contact terminals of such battery have been solidly protected against a short circuit and the battery itself has been effectively mounted to the associated wheelchair or electric actuator;
- wheel chairs or wheel stretchers meant for transportation of patients as well as other means of transportation equipped with electric batteries complying with specific conditions, carried in checked baggage;
- a mercury barometer to be carried in hand baggage provided a passenger carrying above mentioned items is a currently employed officer of a federal authority of the executive power dealing with the field if hydrometeorology. One smaller size cylinder containing carbon dioxide inserted into a life vest, additionally it is allowed to transport not more than one back-up charging elements or cartridges for the vest – in checked or hand baggage;
- heat emitting products such as underwater torches (lamps for dicers) or flash-lights to be carried in check-in baggage. Heat emitting element or the electrical power source shall be disconnected and detached;
- small oxygen generator for personal use, complying with specific conditions, carried in checked-in baggage.